January 31, 2015 | One of the first things I purchased once you arrived (and we knew you were a girl!) was a sweet little dress from Little Hip Squeaks. It said 6-9 months, and that was going to be perfect for the nice weather. Well, the fit was more 12-months…but that’s ok, we just wore it indoors during your living-room adventures!
January 30, 2015 | When a photographer that I LOVE posted about hosting some Valentine’s Day mini sessions, I jumped at the chance. I ordered some wings online that decided to arrive LATE…but luckily Leigh was ok with postponing the shoot a few more days. You skipped your morning nap, and I was sure it would be disaster. I was totally wrong! You were a champ, and absolutely adored her dog-like cat named Captain. Here are my faves!
January 24, 2015 | This year, the boat show looked quite different than is has in the past. It went from a “guys-only”, to a “maybe we’ll let the wives come”, to “oh ok, we have babies and it’s something to do during the awake hours with them!” The E-girls had a blast touring the fancy boats, and picked out their favorite for this Summer (yeah, ok). And there might have been some dancing on a boat already! 🙂
January 19, 2015 | I thought it would be fun to write out what your typical day looks like at 11-months old. It’s quite a lot of EATING for sure (which you love), but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will forget all of these details in a matter of months!
- 6:30 AM – Wake-up (sometimes a little sooner) and have a 4 oz bottle
- Playtime, usually standing at your toy basket or in the walker
- 8/8:30 AM – Breakfast which is a pouch of puree fruits, some actual bits of fruit you eat yourself, and a cup of oatmeal
- Playtime again, books and crawling all over the place!
- 10:30 AM – Bottle of 6 oz, followed by an hour nap. Unless of course you’re at daycare where you skip the morning nap completely!
- 12:00 PM – Lunchtime with a pouch of puree fruit/veggies, a tub of veggies, and then feeding yourself with whatever we eat. Deli meat, cheese, bread, etc
- 2:00 PM – Bottle of 6 oz, followed by another hour nap. At daycare you take a 2-hour afternoon nap to make up for missing the morning… 🙂
- 5:30 PM – Dinner which is more of the pouch + tub of fruits/veggies, and lots of what we are eating for dinner. I swear you could eat for an hour!
- 7:30 PM – Bedtime, which has been pretty darn consistent! Every other night is bath night, and you enjoy an EIGHT oz bottle before dreamland. While it isn’t always finished, most of the time it is.
- Around 12-1 AM or so, you wake to drink another 4 oz most nights.
January 16, 2015 | On days that I’m home with E, there’s always a reason to take out the real camera. A cute outfit, a particularly happy day, a silly hat or all of the above. I’ve hat this hat in my possession for years. I found it at Anthropologie and used it for a couple of client photo sessions back in the day. It was the perfect size for E, so why NOT throw it on her head when she happens to be wearing coordinating colors? Photo-OVERLOAD!