August 28, 2016 | I’m behind on this blog (writing this in NOVEMBER) so it’s a good thing I made a draft for this post with some bullet points about our first real family road trip. St. Louis wasn’t too far, but our first time in a hotel was set! E did so great for us…especially considering we were in the middle of potty training. We used pull-ups just to keep it simple, but she still went potty lots of times. With one road-side stop to use her tiny potty. I also found a hotel with a separate couch/TV area from the beds, which is important when your traveling companion goes to bed at 8…
- Daniel Tiger’s neighborhood d’oh! (we sing/insert the d’oh an random points in the song and she laughs like crazy)
- Stop Hand vs. Walking Man was pointed out on each corner downtown
- “Carry me!” — aka not wanting to walk
- Getting super-social, & asking strangers what their names are
- Pony blanket, pony train, and soft-Applejack were gifts on this trip
- Looking back & forth 5 times for Rarity (& it was right in her lap, so she was being silly)
- Only had to use the tablet ONCE in the car on the way there for 15-mins when she angrily woke early from nap
- Loved the hotel room, and the beds, but mostly the elevator (pushed the Alarm bell once)
- A hotel with free breakfast, happy hour, and evening milk + cookies is AWESOME
- The Zoo was not only free, but amazing. Watching elephants swim just a stones throw away seriously made my day.
- The penguin exhibit was a welcome relief from the heat, and one of them even splashed us enough to soak our shirts/stroller. E talked about this for days!
- Fed the birds bread at the zoo & loved it better than most of the exhibits
- Dave was sick — but totally pushed through. Even at the Magic House that contained literally hundreds of toddlers.
- Magic House really was magical. I want to go back sometime soon because she LOVED it and we enjoyed the tech/3D printer stuff too!
- Night of getting home, she grabbed her wooden camera and said she was going on a trip, and gave me a big hug & kiss and said she’d miss me…I guess she likes to travel!
And some phone-photos too!