March 20, 2016 | Toddler + color dyes? That’s a good idea, right? Add a smock-like bib and a black table cloth, and I’d say it’s worth a shot. E jumped right into this activity, and as we ate them she always wanted to choose which color was next. My plan was to just have 2 colors, but once I opened that little package I couldn’t contain myself!
March 23, 2015 | Girl, you can EAT. I’m often worried that you are eating too much food, because wow it disappears so quickly! All I have to say is “Are you ready to EAT?” and you make your way over to the high-chair. At the end of the meal, I ask “Are you all done?” and you rip the bib off and hand it to us. Hilarious! This is just one example of a lunch; not pictured are the turkey-meat, black beans and tomatoes!
January 19, 2015 | I thought it would be fun to write out what your typical day looks like at 11-months old. It’s quite a lot of EATING for sure (which you love), but I have a sneaking suspicion that I will forget all of these details in a matter of months!
- 6:30 AM – Wake-up (sometimes a little sooner) and have a 4 oz bottle
- Playtime, usually standing at your toy basket or in the walker
- 8/8:30 AM – Breakfast which is a pouch of puree fruits, some actual bits of fruit you eat yourself, and a cup of oatmeal
- Playtime again, books and crawling all over the place!
- 10:30 AM – Bottle of 6 oz, followed by an hour nap. Unless of course you’re at daycare where you skip the morning nap completely!
- 12:00 PM – Lunchtime with a pouch of puree fruit/veggies, a tub of veggies, and then feeding yourself with whatever we eat. Deli meat, cheese, bread, etc
- 2:00 PM – Bottle of 6 oz, followed by another hour nap. At daycare you take a 2-hour afternoon nap to make up for missing the morning… 🙂
- 5:30 PM – Dinner which is more of the pouch + tub of fruits/veggies, and lots of what we are eating for dinner. I swear you could eat for an hour!
- 7:30 PM – Bedtime, which has been pretty darn consistent! Every other night is bath night, and you enjoy an EIGHT oz bottle before dreamland. While it isn’t always finished, most of the time it is.
- Around 12-1 AM or so, you wake to drink another 4 oz most nights.
November 1, 2014 | Food has been quite an adventure over here, but overall this girl is an amazing eater! Teething led to us handing her apple wedges and celery stalks (which she loves) and she will even eat on a full apple for a long time. Her little bottom teeth just make little bites all around the apple until I have to just take it away.
My original plan was to do the whole Babyled Weaning, but E had other ideas. She just attacks food so intensely that it was dangerous. I even made some of her food first, but she likes the store-bought baby food the most. Go figure. She is getting solids three times a day, and will eat oatmeal, a fruit and a veggie each time. Lately a whole container of the baby food and then some! Crazy kid. Squash, apples, pears, peas…she loves it. We are doing a little more “real” food lately just to get her used to it. So it is only a matter of time. Love this little Bean!