April 19, 2017 | It’s ridiculous to make a post about this, but it’s more for a cultural reference many years down the road. Starbucks did a thing…and called it a Unicorn drink…then the world went nuts. I grabbed one for our family to share, and surprised my neighbor with one at the same time. I think it was either the first or second day they released it? Anyways, it sold out shortly after, and then the articles on FB appeared about how AWFUL it was for you, so much SUGAR, and basically you’re the worst parent ever if you let your kid taste it…whatevs!
January 26, 2017 | Despite all that has happened, I feel that I need to put this in here. I may be sad now, because it didn’t work out, but this particular morning I took the time to write these memories and I want them to stay…
Immediately a bold plus sign appeared…and I just stared at it. Incredulous. Was this for real? I sat in there, hearing D at his sink on the other side of the door. I slowly walked out of the bathroom and said, “Uh, D?” and showed it to him. We both smiled at each other, then laughed, and had a big hug. Cautiously happy, you know? Because it’s so early (2-weeks!) anything can happen! If this is going to be the newest member of our family, early October is the due date. Wow…!
The night before we had our buddy Joel over to setup the new treadmill, you know, so I could start running again? The WPPI Vegas trip I’m taking the first weekend of Feb? Oh and that CO trip that we are supposed to go on at the end of Feb but haven’t booked lodging for yet? Maybe this is the reason I’ve been dragging my feet. But it’s all happening, and I’m so happy that I walked on the treadmill for 45-minutes without even noticing, and have shed some happy tears twice today (and it’s only noon). We’ve been ready, but scared, anxious, and now excited… 🙂
February 3, 2016 | While D stayed home to finish painting our bedroom, I took E over to my sisters house to spend time with her cousin and grandparents. A’s house is just perfect for toddlers, since they can only remain in the main area where we can always see them! The cousins are getting better at taking turns in the toy car, and sharing. Phew!
January 2, 2016 | While the transition to the toddler bed has been overall good, there are some not-so-good things that have happened along the way. For example, we had to get locks on all of her dresser drawers, and occasionally we forget to close one. When that happens, here’s the result
So after finding this, and picking it ALL up, it was play time. First we journey into our room where the Beanie Babies are. Always a good pit-stop to retain 10-15 minutes of attention!
Her very first time using an SLR digital camera (my Canon 6D). It’s a nice still-life… 🙂 And what better way to get some energy out than bed-jumping?
Every time I go through images on my camera, I get mad at myself for not breaking it out more often than my iPhone. I could never get these images with my phone!
November 18, 2015 | Next week is Thanksgiving, which means that the Holidays are going to fly by shortly after. E is changing at lighting-speed, so I wanted to document a few of the things she’s doing right now.
In no particular order, just off the top of my head;
- When you go into her room to wake her, whoever goes in there she immediately asks for the OTHER person. Or Mosby (Moe-EEE)
- If you ask her to count something, she says “Two, three”
- Colors are getting there as well. While she often says Blue first (like an automatic response), she will then say the correct color. The consistent ones are Blue, Yellow, Green and especially Purple. She things Pink is Purple too, and mixes up Orange & Red a bit, but I’m so proud of her.
- Books are still a favorite! It’s Pumpkin Day Mouse and Where is Baby’s Pumpkin are top picks right now, mostly because they are new. She still loves the EAT book, Baby’s on the Bus, & Giraffe’s Can’t Dance (“Monkey CHA-CHA!” E on that particular page)
- Eating has always been a strong category, & for the most part she still eats most of what we do. Some random nights she wants hardly anything, but we can always count on Yogurt and Turkey. We are already negotiating one-more-bite in exchange for a cookie. She loves cookies…duh
- Nighttime routine is still pretty much the same, and even with the time-change (falling-back) she adjusted just fine. D still does bedtime, which is at 8 PM with a cup of milk and a few books. We know that a big-kid bed is coming soon, but if she isn’t climbing out of the crib we aren’t going to rush it!
- Language is growing, and she loves to walk around and say all of the things she sees + knows the words to. It would be impossible to list all of them now, but there have been a few 2-word phrases coming out as well which is so cool. “Milk all-done” was the first.
- Stickers are a good way to get her to quietly sit in your lap for a good 10 minutes. I’ve found lots in the dollar-bin or at Dollar General. She points at the one she wants, you pull it from the sheet and give it to her, then she stacks them all on top of one another in her little notepad. 🙂
- Elmo is still a top toy, and when she’s REALLY crazy running around the house we will let her watch an episode of Elmo’s World. Anytime he isn’t on screen she says “Elmo!” over and over until he’s back. It’s true love people!
I think that’s about all for now. Although we have been home bound and sick for the last several weeks (adults with a cough, her HF&M) she’s a blast. But I can tell she wants out of the house as much as we do. We are finally turning a corner, and I cannot wait for her to see the Christmas Tree up soon! And then pull it all apart…
Images taken back in September; I love them!